This recipe is a delightful combination of prosciutto, caramelized pearl onions, gruyere cheese, and roasted garlic focaccia. We learned to make this at one of Chef Christian’s cooking demonstrations and think it is a wonderful way to kick-off summer.
2 lbs Asparagus – local if possible
8-12 Slices Prosciutto
6 oz Gruyere Cheese – grated or chopped
8 pc Roasted Garlic Focaccia
1 C Herb Vinaigrette
2 tsp Garlic, chopped
1 Lemon – juiced
1 lb Pearl Onions
4 T Olive Oil
4 T Butter
Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Break asparagus end – don’t cut.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper and roast or grill for 3-5 minutes.
- While still warm toss asparagus with herb vinaigrette, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Let marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Toss pearl onions with butter, salt and pepper and roast for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden brown.
- Toast focaccia with roasted garlic, olive oil, and truffle oil for 5-10 minutes.
- Assemble and serve.